Thursday, February 20, 2014

Why DO I eat this stuff?

    The checker at Publix wanted to know what quinoa flakes are and I was a bit flustered trying to explain. A friend of hers wanted to make them. I noted that they don't taste very good out of the box and she could see already that they're very expensive. I did add that they're basically a breakfast cereal, that they are very high in fiber, and that adding a little honey and peanut butter suddenly takes them from unpalatable to delicious. But it was what I didn't mention that bothers me a little. That is, that if you aren't celiac, there isn't much point eating this stuff as you can just as easily and much more cheaply eat bran flakes. But hey, I only had two items and it isn't the best place for a detailed conversation. And she thanked me for explaining, so that was nice.
    After that, I wasn't even mad that they were sold out on Amelia's kitty litter. After all these years, I finally have her happily using a kitty litter I can get at the supermarket. Theoretically. Oh well; there are other supermarkets.
    Margaret is having an outpatient procedure tomorrow, the one that was originally scheduled for two weeks ago. It should be straightforward, but of course she's nearly 93, too. So we're just a tiny tad stressed. My brother Malcolm has been down all week for Dad's birthday and is staying an extra day to be with him and to run errands if necessary. This is good of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment