Tuesday, February 18, 2014

No gratitude

    I don't think I've ever saved anybody with my car horn before. Then again, I don't know if I did this time, and if I did it wasn't much of a rescue. I was in a left turn lane, there was a car ahead of me in the same lane, and a car to that car's right tried to get into the turning lane in spite of there being a car there already. I blew my horn, since yelling wasn't likely to help. Then the car ahead of me blew his horn, too, and the accident was averted.
    When we had both made our turn, the car ahead of me got in the right lane so I passed him. Then he tailgated me for the next two miles. I tell you there's no gratitude! (I'm smiling as I type this, I guess I should mention.) Of course, it's possible that he thought I had been honking at him for some reason rather than to prevent him having his door whacked into. Regardless, I thought it was a little funny.
    My smart phone, through which I run all Internet applications, including this blog, is almost out of storage space. Operationally, this means that it is slowing down markedly. If I don't get a (micro)SD card, it will grind to a halt altogether, 'though I could upload all my photos to the laptop and delete them from the phone to get a little grace period. But I'll try to get an SD card tomorrow. Still, this is the bimonthly "The blog might end soon" warning. I am sure the world is little shaken.

No comments:

Post a Comment