Thursday, February 27, 2014

Pink lemon and pelican snocones

    Because I'm cheap, I use St. Ives body wash, which I'm usually not too enthusiastic about. However, the latest type I bought I like a lot. The scent is called Even & Bright, and it's described as pink lemon and mandarin orange. There's even a picture of a pink lemon, or some damned thing. It looks like a blood orange in a lime rind. Go figure. Unless Monsanto has been working overtime, I'm pretty sure the only pink lemons are the ones to make pink lemonade, which by all reports is made with pink dye. Just odd, I thought. But I can give an unqualified (and unpaid) endorsement to this one consumer product.
    Also in the weird stuff department, a new business is popping up in this town. The store will be called Pelican Snocones. Again, maybe I'm pitifully uninformed and perhaps this is a huge, highly profitable corporation, but I've got to assume that somebody just decided to start a water ice business with a strange name. This is one of those times that I'm glad my blog isn't more widely read, since the person behind it is likely somebody who knows me or somebody I know. Since they're unlikely to see this, really... is there a worse business name? Penguin Snocone would at least make sense. Yeah, I know, it's of even less importance than the weird body wash, but I see the place every time I go to pick up or drop off my dad, and it puzzles the hell out of me. Anybody know somebody named Pelican? It's possible.

Edit: It's actually Pelican's Snowballs. I'm not sure that's better or worse, but I should probably be accurate at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment