Saturday, February 15, 2014

Three years?

    Tomorrow is the anniversary of starting this blog thing, so I suppose today is the end of three years. Your check or money order will be gratefully accepted.
    More interestingly, I hope, was the sudden turn of events yesterday. I had little hope for a romantic Valentine's Day, or even an interesting one, but all at once got the latter at least. Dad's birthday is Monday (#93) and so the family is coming down to celebrate. Sister Anne got a flight to Columbia but due to adverse weather in the Northeast missed her connection. The best the airline could do was to get her to Augusta. So at about 5, Margaret called to ask me to pick up some prescriptions for her. As I was doing that, Anne called asking me to pick her up in Augusta about 2 hours later. It being only about an hour away, I said no problem.
    Boy was I glad that I looked up where Augusta's airport is! There were nearly no signs at all for it on the highway and what signs there were just referred to Bush Field. (Full name: Augusta Regional Airport at Bush Field.) I got there no problem, in fact just as she was landing. The terminal was similarly sign-free, but we found each other pretty readily. The drive was alarming, especially the drive back since it was darker. The storm had brought down a LOT of trees along the roadside, many of which were leaning out over the breakdown lane almost to the driving lanes. A bit nerve-wracking in the dark.
    We could have eaten in Augusta or Columbia, but given that it was still Valentine's, Columbia later seemed smarter than Augusta earlier, especially when we saw the gridlock at the Augusta exit on I-20. We wound up eating from the buffet at Delhi Palace, plus splitting a masala dosa, which turned out to be a brilliant choice. Buffet was smart because Anne still had to go to Columbia airport to pick up her rental car. But as she had until 11, that turned out to be no problem. On the whole, quite a hoot!

No comments:

Post a Comment