Wednesday, February 12, 2014

That totally did not happen

    And it totally could not have worked. We had snow, sleet and ice all day and all night, but mainly sleet. My car is covered and the doors were frozen shut. I worked at it with a broom, but the doors remained frozen shut. I conceived of this idiot idea. I would put a blanket and two towels in the dryer at high heat for 10 minutes, then spread them on the driver's door. Completely nuts. Couldn't possibly work.
    Maybe it didn't. Maybe my earlier worrying of the ice had been more effective than I had thought. However, when I pulled the towels and blanket off, the door opened. After running the car and the heat for a while, all the doors opened. (When I went out to check, two had been opened and not closed too well. As I was pretty sure I hadn't done it, this was a little worrying. But nobody had done anything bad in the car nor driven it away, so I'll just regard it as something I did but forgot about. I'm old enough for senior moments after all.)
    Mind you, it isn't all that drivable still. Neither windshield is particularly clear, nor is any window. But in event of emergency, I could drive it very very slowly. Which is probably all that would be called for anyway given the very icy state of the roads. Hopefully, a good part of this melts before anyone asks me to drive. I haven't checked what the dialysis situation is for tomorrow, but I can't imagine them opening before noon. The probability is that Dad will be put off until Friday, and then have to go again on Saturday, too. All of this is annoying, but way better than him trying to get around in snow and ice.

No comments:

Post a Comment