Thursday, June 19, 2014

24 hour drop box

    It's a little thing, but I guess reflects how little thought people put into anything these days. The electric company moved its nearest satellite office, and in fact they moved it much nearer to me, so yay. The new office has three drive-through stations, you know with the kicky pneumatic tubes. The one nearest the office also features the 24 hour drop box. Over each is a green light (or red if they're closed); over the two farther from the office is the word "Open" (when the light is green). Over the one nearest the office is only "24 hour drop box"; I can't be the only one who infers from this that since it doesn't say "Open," it must not be open. The green light tells me otherwise, but I have yet to drive right up to the actual teller because the sign doesn't say "Open." (Also I'd still be using the pneumatic tube, so it's not like there's any greater contact there.) As I say, a little thing, but you'd think they would have thought this through. How about have the electronic sign read "Open" and then have a non-electronic sign over the actual drop box with an arrow pointing down and "24 hr drop box" written on it? Crazy, I'm sure.
    Dreams last night were also wild and wacky but again I remember few of them. I seem to have multiple wives rather frequently lately. Don't know where on Earth that came from. Although that may not have been me; some of my dreams are more like movies I'm watching than dreams I personally am involved in. A relief?
    Yesterday, I went walking at Congaree National Park and, as so often happens, kept going. This was maybe not the best idea ever in 95 degree weather with only a small bottle of water. I've had cramping around my right shin ever since, making driving a little tricky. But it seems to be getting better. (Knock on wood!)

No comments:

Post a Comment