Friday, June 6, 2014

If you don't see me again

    After all these years, I finally bought a copy of Sid Meier's Civilization IV (Gold, at that). I wanted it bad at the time it came out, but didn't have a computer that could handle it. Also Civilization III had been a let-down. Also also when I eventually got a computer that could handle the demo (one computer back, I think), I wasn't too captivated. Also also also, I might be growing up.
    But I found a copy for $1 at Stepping Stones Thrift Store. Disc 1 has seen better days, so it's an open question whether I'll actually be playing Civilization IV. And if I do, I may not fall in like I used to. (Heck, even disappointing Civilization III sucked down the odd year or so.) But should I vanish from the face of the Earth, you'll know why, and whom to blame. Darn you Sid Meier.

No comments:

Post a Comment