Sunday, June 8, 2014

Pondering when the cat lets me

    At this moment, I'm tired, my eyes hurt and I have a slight headache. This isn't a complaint; just background. So I nodded my head forward, eyes closed, in an attitude of praying. And the kitty hollered at me like the house is on fire. (OK, an exaggeration, but she made an unusual and unusually loud vocalization.) I did it again and she started chewing on one of the cardboard boxes from Aldi that I keep on the floor to give her a hiding place. Apparently, cats don't like you looking like you're praying. Maybe they really are in league with the devil!
    Strangely, she doesn't much bug me when I'm playing games. Same chair, same laptop, but if I'm writing a blog (however briefly) or failing to, she is after me for attention all the time. When I'm playing a game, she's much more likely to give me a rest. I have no idea why, nor how she can tell the difference. I'd like to think that the blog is more threatening because I'm paying closer attention to it. (Whatever readers I have hope that this isn't the case!) Hmmm, I guess it's because my hands are all the way up here typing, and thus are unavailable for scritches. Most games leave one hand or another free. So, after only 3 1/2 years, I've finally solved the Writing When the Cat Lets Me mystery. Solution: forget how to touch-type!

No comments:

Post a Comment