Saturday, June 14, 2014

Zoo yard

    So the outside cat that I wanted to adopt before this friendly one turned up had been gone a long time. It's an apple-headed tuxedo cat. A friend who also lives in the neighborhood and is also a Facebook friend replied to my status update about him to the effect that he isn't a good citizen. He certainly isn't friendly. Or rather, he certainly is skittish; he vanishes whenever I approach at all. I had feared that he had died, but he was on my back porch this afternoon then in the yard later in the afternoon. Maybe if I feed him, I can tame him. Unlike the friendly cat, he is almost certainly feral. I left water out for the friendly cat (feeling bad about feeding him since he seems to belong to someone), so maybe that's why this one came back. Or maybe it was just one of those feline brainstorms. Somebody ought to warn him that I believe in neutering.
    Then, then, then-- I'll back up. There's this great dog that's always loose in the neighborhood, some kind of shepherd/husky mix, but not mean at all. A pickup drove by and turned at my corner and the dog must be attached to them somehow. He ran by me, into my gate and used my yard as a shortcut to catch the pickup. Yeah, I know, so what, but I am starting to feel like domestic animal grand central station. I can't say that I mind too much, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment