Sunday, June 29, 2014

Bereft, verklempt and-- oh, HI!

    Cats are Republicans. They are highly resistant to change. The little cat outside seemed so chill that I thought he would be an exception. I was mistaken.
    My porches, but especially the front one, are crawling with ants. The other day, I was playing with the small cat on the porch and subsequently my legs were chewed all over by ants. Or by one highly committed one, I don't know. Regardless, I decided to put furniture out there so I'd at least have a chance to avoid being ant food. My house is lousy with yard furniture anyway.
    This proved to be unpopular with my little friend. Apparently, he could forgive me being 20 times his size since I come across with cat food. Being larger still by carrying chairs was unacceptable. He wouldn't come inside the fence anymore; when I checked later, he was gone entirely. I was pretty worried that I'd scared him off for good.
    However, I went out for my walk and to run errands. For whatever reason (mainly that he would be getting hungry), I was absolutely sure he would be on my walk when I got back. And I was right. (I tipped that a bit with the subject line, didn't I?) I was much relieved. So, am I actually going to be able to get this kitty to the vet tomorrow? Oh, I don't think so. If he runs from stuff that doesn't look remotely like a cat carrier, I can only imagine what he'll do when he sees the actual cat carrier. Short of resorting to catnip, I can't imagine catching him. But perhaps catnip is in order.

No comments:

Post a Comment