Sunday, June 22, 2014

Humans, cats and jealousy

    This outside kitty keeps coming back and I keep going out to play with him and Amelia the cat keeps looking jealous. I thought this was very funny until yesterday when I saw the little cat cavorting and frolicking with a lady at a house three doors down. And I found myself feeling jealous, with much less reason than Amelia has considering that this is almost certainly the cat's actual home I was looking at.
    So later the little cat came and begged. Being a total pushover, I fed him again and also gave a try at playing with him with string since he had previously seemed so starved for entertainment that he wanted to play with a leaf I was trying to throw off the porch. I am now two for two on kitties more wanting to eat the string than play with it. This one is even more intent than Amelia. String is delicious! Who knew?
    Point to all this palaver is that I eventually tried to carry the cat home, but he was having none of it after a dozen steps or so. So I led him home and he followed no problem. Since there was a car there, I rang the doorbell, but there was no answer. But another tabby cat, much larger, appeared from next door, and gave me an earful. Very baleful, if not hostile, kitty. I assume that I met Mom, who was also fairly jealous. The house had water out on the porch and a cat toy. So maybe they are also in the process of adopting the friendly little kitty. I'll try to talk to them about it sooner or later. If Amelia lets me.

No comments:

Post a Comment