Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Terrible tick tribulation not too troubling

    My tick bite continues red, but unlike the infection I got in my leg last fall (or maybe early this year), their aren't scary red lines leading away from it like fiery rivers of infection. Or, you know, inflamed arteries. I called my clinic, but they aren't my clinic anymore. They remembered me last time, but apparently their records only go back so far. I've fallen off the face of the Earth, and would have to start again as a new patient, and couldn't get an appointment for a month.
    Last time, the nurse from the clinic's health line recommended I go to Urgent Care; the fact that this one did, too, might indicate that she's the same nurse. She said that nobody would be too interested in testing my tick; since the pathogen wouldn't necessarily have been transmitted to me, they need to test my blood instead. Due to Dad's appointments, I've been putting it off, but I'll probably stop by Urgent Care tomorrow morning and get some not particularly urgent care. I didn't much enjoy the antibiotics last time (nor for that matter, the probiotics) but I did OK with them and no doubt can handle them again if necessary. Crossing fingers and toes.

No comments:

Post a Comment