Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Gandhi can't be beaten

    This of course is more blithering about Civilization IV. Sorry.
    I played as Gandhi again with very similar results, which is to say that it was a walkover and I wound up winning in the early 19th century again and thus having a huge adjusted score again. The deal is that each culture has its own unique unit. Everybody else's unique unit is military, but the Indians get a fast worker. Not a lounge lizard (but wouldn't THAT be funny?) but a worker who works faster than anyone else's. Forever. So the Indians can jump out to a huge lead and never be caught.
    This doesn't so much happen for the computer, since the AI isn't so bright. But for the human playing the computer, it seems like a huge issue in game balance. I can also choose to lead the Indians as Asoka, with slightly different attributes. I guess I'll do so to see if he kicks butt just as thoroughly (at civilization building, not at actual military conquest).
    I'm kind of hoping this will be the issue that helps me wean myself from the game a bit, although anybody following this blog over the past month or so probably knows better. But it could happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment