Monday, July 28, 2014

The war at home

    The good news is that Amelia has determined that hissing at Harry isn't very effective. The bad news is that she has decided that chasing him is more effective. This of course is also good news, since at 11 she needs the exercise. Also it's very funny.
    Yesterday went quietly, which was very good. The temperature outside reached 100. Bets are that cats evolved in Africa, so they ought to do well in this weather. Then again, so did we, and we don't do well when it's 100 outside. So what I'm saying is that I'm glad I didn't have to worry about Harry outside. He was an indoor kitty for a record 15 hours straight. I did give him two chances to go out, but he stuck his head out and thought better of it both times. This buttresses my claim that Harry is a smart cat.
    In all that time, Amelia only hissed at him once. He left at 5:30 in the morning (I have little tolerance for Mrrrr-OW! Mrrrr-OW! Mrrrr-OW! at that hour.) And he was back two hours later. And Amelia chased him out (almost literally) two hours after that.
    He's been in for the last 3 hours straight, and things have been peaceful. I hope they stay that way, since it's headed toward 100 again today. Starting tomorrow, things get cooler again, so I can wait more patiently for the growth of fraternal/sororal feelings. Or for a diplomat to show up.

No comments:

Post a Comment