Tuesday, July 15, 2014

The smart one

    The new kitty, or the kitty that may finally become the new kitty, is much smarter. I put a plastic bowl out for him and changed the water in it twice a day. Many times he tipped it over. I thought he was just being petulant about there being no more food, but he did it over and over again and he never tipped it all the way over. Rather, he balanced it on one edge of the bottom and one edge of the rim. He was making the water higher and easier to reach. I swear I am not a rotten person, but this never would have occurred to me.
    When I went to get more cat food (as he is playing a heavy part in eating me out of house and home), I got a much smaller water bowl. They have to be ceramic because plastic is bad for cats (yes, I know what I said above, but I didn't expect this process to take two months, or even days) and Amelia got terrible kitty acne when I tried a metal bowl. At the pet supply store, the bowl was $7. This is ridiculous, as it was made in China (complete with sticker: Made to FDA Standards), but I figured Harry's worth it: he taught me something. I'll buy another couple small ceramic bowls at a dollar store. Hopefully they will drink from them. (I've been using a regular china cereal bowl, or rather bowls, all these years. Hey, she drinks! Some.)
    No big thing, but I saw a nearly empty glass truck. Those trucks that carry sheets of glass on the sides. And it occurred to me that it would make sense for it to be nearly empty at 4 o'clock, that you would probably only load the truck with what you were delivering that day to minimize the risk of breakage. It only seems odd that at this rather advanced age, I wouldn't have seen one empty before. Glass experts can correct me on glass delivery procedures, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment