Monday, July 21, 2014

Not the best of kitchen companions

    Harry is turning out to be a pretty good house cat so far. Amelia is less thrilled about the arrangement, having had the house to herself for nearly 6 years or half her life. But I think she'll come around. There's one adjustment I have to make that I wasn't expecting, however.
    Any food preparations I undertake, he follows me around and cries if I don't give him some. As I'm nearly always cutting up fruits and vegetables, neither of which he should be eating, this results in a lot of crying. Crying isn't the ideal world; it's not pathetic, but cute. But it might get a little tiresome if this behavior stretches out into years as opposed to days or weeks. Perhaps I'll finally break down and buy cat treats. The trick would be finding ones that are healthy, not made in China, and not costing a million dollars. Oh well; the kitties are worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment