Monday, July 7, 2014

The cat who reads calendars

    After three days of eagerly running into my house every time I open the door (those three days coinciding with the days the vet's office was closed), this morning Harry the cat wouldn't come in at all for most of the morning. When he finally did, a couple of hours later, it was very, very warily. I suppose my pheromones might have given me away that I had a trick up my sleeve. Or behind the door. I had put the cat carrier there standing on one end with the door open. I did manage to scoop him up and get him as far as on top of it, but he refused to go in and I wasn't going to stuff him. I probably should have gone with my own idea of yesterday of wrapping him in a towel first. But he isn't much of a one for being manhandled in any way.
    Thing is, this is the cat who showed up Monday afternoons, not mornings, from the very beginning. He just has a brilliant insight into when the vet is available, or perhaps that I'm too much of a cheapskate to use the 24-hour vet.
What I really need is a test for feline leukemia that I can perform and bring into the vet. Boy, somebody could be a millionaire if they come up with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment