Friday, August 1, 2014

Back to school? Seriously?

    I know everybody says that kids feel like school vacation flies by, but I'm very much feeling that way as an old guy. I'm also sure that parents and teachers feel the same. I ought to be exempt. I'm only affected by school returning to session to the extent that school speed zones go back into effect. This sounds very minor and of course I favor school speed zones, but Margaret's street is at the edge of one, when I turn left from it onto Rosewood Drive I can't see the School Zone sign and it would be easy to forget but that the traffic cops usually have already caught somebody somewhere along that stretch. In other words, I haven't run into any trouble yet myself.
    I have no emotional distress about school opening again; I rather think that I never did. What troubles me is that winter is coming again. I hate winter per se, but Dad also does very poorly that time of the year. As I mention all winter every year, he's very cold all the time and thus asks Margaret to keep the house much warmer than it should be, and thus they're both dehydrated all winter long. Or battling dehydration by drinking too much water, which doesn't mix well with End-Stage Renal Disease. So make August longer is I guess what I'm saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment