Sunday, August 17, 2014

Spoke, er, ate words too soon

    As nice as it is to have signal indoors in places where I previously had not, my hopes were dashed that the same could be said for Congaree National Park. In fact, signal crapped out even closer to Columbia than with the previous phone. It was still good as far as the county jail, though, so there's that. A boon to my dissolute lifestyle!
    Or was it good? The other annoying thing was that I would get an indication of signal at the park, only one or two bars, and try to message or post to Facebook, and without me having moved an inch suddenly there would be no signal. I think I'd prefer not to be teased like that. But I like to think that if somebody had tried to reach me at one of those moments, the call would have come through. (Why a message, only typed words, would need more signal than a voice is another of those mysteries that I'm not going to be able to plumb.)
    On the brighter side, it was a lovely morning at the park, with only minimal mosquitoage, just enough to dissuade me from making further attempts to text or post. I did catch one spider web to the face, but knocked down several others before wearing them, so I'll call it a win.

No comments:

Post a Comment