Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Weather emergency

    That's not a subject line really, but a reason why there isn't really a blog entry today. Big humongous storm is rolling in. At the moment, there is only frequent thunder in the distance, but it's supposed to pack really high winds. I had a really good entry in reserve (I mean in my head at least) but don't feel like trying to dig it out under threatening circumstances. I mean if this were war reporting, that would be one thing, but this is a frickin' blog.
    So I'll talk about the cats again. I went out last evening, leaving them inside together. I wasn't out too late by the clock, but by Kitty Central Time it was another story. Harry didn't go out immediately when I came in; I think he wanted to follow me around and complain first. THEN he went out. And didn't come back. He was still around when I changed the litter boxes, but had vanished by the time I finished vacuuming and took out the trash. And he hadn't come back when I went to bed. And he hadn't come back when I woke in the night at 3. At 3:30, however, I still hadn't fallen back to sleep and heard something on the porch, or thought I did. I looked, and there he was.
    This morning he ran out again, but came back. There was a fair amount of conflict with Amelia, but I think I brokered it, or maybe they just went into napping mode. This weather emergency is problematic since Harry would normally go out now, but being a cat is not a large fan of rain. Hopefully, peace can be maintained. Or maybe my latent cat whispering skills will finally emerge. Sorry this is so dull, but I'm actually pretty concerned. I wish these darn sweet kitties could just be sweet with one another!

No comments:

Post a Comment