Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Dammit, I'm doing it again

    So sorry. Someday, even if I can't wean myself from the silly game, I hope to wean myself from talking about it. (Also someday I hope not to have to look up the spelling of "wean." I blame the homophonic band.) This is just to say that I tried Civ IV Beyond the Sword again and got to use both the Apostolic Palace and the corporation function. The former never quite gave me the early diplomatic victory I was seeking, but I could have used it to order people to give me their towns had I wanted to, which is pretty cool. The latter never really started to make any sense, but at least it made for something else to do in the late game when everything is built up and you're just waiting to win. So both fun things, if not essential.
    One sad thing: Gandhi and India are stripped of their superpowers in this expansion. Darn it! I mean, I'm sure he'd still be very fun to play and all. It's just that there's so many new people to play as now (Churchill for goodness' sake!) I may never get around to finding out. Since after all I'm weaning myself and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment