Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Flux

    or AN HOUR WITH NO PHONE! So, the not beloved, but rather beliked bottom-of-the-line Windows Phone was grinding to a stop, as I may have mentioned here and there, because the operating system was taking up all the space (or memory) there was to take up. So I went to T-Mobile to see if there was a solution not involving buying a new phone, but of course there wasn't. Last time there was, but I used up the "add a card and put your photos on it" trick and that's the only trick that phone has.
    Strangely, given my bad experience with their phone engineering skills, I wanted another Windows Phone. I really liked the camera, or anyway the display. However, the young man behind the counter, with brilliant sales skills, pointed out that I could get a better Droid for $50 less. Once I saw its camera and display, I was sold. So we did the dirty deed and he transferred as much of my info (data?) as possible from the old to the new. He also pointed out that I could still use the old one, running it off my mobile hotspot, which is nice since there's one game exclusive to Windows Phone that I really like and would miss.
    I asked if there would be a delay before I could use the new phone and he said none at all. This proved not to be true. However, as I'm an overly trusting soul, it took a while for me to figure that out. But when I couldn't get to the Google Store, use the hotspot or send messages, even I finally figured it out. An hour later, though, I got the Welcome to T-Mobile message, and it's worked fine ever since. Well it's worked. I haven't checked out all the functionality; still a trusting soul, I figure it probably works fine. Knock on wood.
    Tomorrow, maybe an interesting entry! Maybe. (By the way, the weather emergency lately went right by me. I hear that other parts of town got deluged, though, so it's not like it was a total joke.)

No comments:

Post a Comment