Thursday, August 21, 2014

Oh no (kitchen edition)

    Oh no, oh no, oh God no! Not the way I would have preferred to wake up this morning. I had a rubber band on the kitchen counter. One of those big thick ones; might have come with the mail or something. It was sitting harmlessly under the spaghetti pot, not bothering anyone. I think you know where I'm going with this. This morning, the spaghetti pot doubled as the bean simmering pot. For reasons of its own, the rubber band decided to stick to the pot. The smell was horrifying, but at least I figured out what it was pretty quickly. Dead rubber band has been removed; smell has nearly dissipated. Efforts to make this happen quicker (heating up a couple brownies and baking an apple) didn't help at all, however. Both probably needed more time.
    To update the all-important "Lying accidentally" entry, I went back and bought the same item and the scanner again wouldn't show a price. This time I told the correct price, but I paused so long that the clerk went and checked. She told me I was right and I said, "I know." Well I did! Honesty: not always the best policy.

No comments:

Post a Comment