Saturday, August 23, 2014

Moldie oldie goldies

    I did go back and get the other expansion pack for Civilization IV, called Beyond the Sword. It is really crazily above and beyond the call fun. A lot of stuff that was less fun in the gold edition, like the fact that it was hard even on the easiest setting, have been relaxed. I think. Speaking of a lot of stuff, there's a LOT of stuff added, so I'm not sure yet if it will turn out to be easy or hard, fun or frustrating. But I get to be Charlemagne.
    I also found a copy of The Sims 2, which Alice and I were crazy about back when it was newer. It wouldn't work without a patch, but that was easy to find and it works fine. The Civ IV expansion would work without a patch, but I kept getting warnings that it was changing my screen settings to primitive levels, so I got a HUGE patch for it, too, and now I don't get those warnings. It maybe plays better, too.
    All this delight for $3, total. (Civ IV was marked $3 but the lady charged me one.) I also found an ice cream suit, all silk (a cream jacket and cream trousers, not a match, but acceptable) for $2, and 3 shirts for $3. Thrift stores been very very good to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment