Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Somewhat improved feline relations

    What cracks me up is the continued "your food is better" dynamic. When I started feeding Harry indoors, he wanted Amelia's food and Amelia wanted his. As I mentioned before, the food in the two bowls is identical. If anything, the food in the kitchen would be a little worse since that's where Amelia's food bowl has been forever and so the area smells like old cat food no matter what I do. But that's what Harry wanted.
    When Harry moved in officially, if not actually, I just let him eat Amelia's food and her eat his. But I figured that eventually they would figure out that Harry's food wasn't Harry's anymore and Amelia's wasn't Amelia, and jealousy would force another switch, or something. Or something turned out to be that they both eat from the stinkier food in the kitchen, taking turns nicely. They also both eat from the food by the front door, but less so.
    Their relations more generally are a little bit better, I guess. The other night they nearly came to blows and then tore ass around the house for an hour or so. I just went to sleep. They zoomed across me once, but I was amused rather than annoyed. This was repeated last night, but more briefly. They both wound up on the bed with me, not entwined or anything, but not hostile either. So I guess things are getting better.

No comments:

Post a Comment