Saturday, August 2, 2014

Oh they speak English all right!

    I'm convinced that kitties speak and understand English perfectly well; they just pretend that they don't to make us look foolish. As soon as I leave, I'm sure that these two plot and plan like bank robbers. OK, maybe not like bank robbers, but like extremely cute and little felons of some type or another:
Amelia: OK, you act like I beat you up and you're really really scared of me!
Harry: Yeah yeah, and you act like you hate me. That'll worry him good!
A: Who's acting?
H: Hey!
A: So when he gets home, you go out the door like you were shot out of a cannon so he'll think you're really scared.
H: What's a cannon?
A: Never mind. Then tomorrow, we'll just nap all day, and then he'll relax and maybe he'll throw out the Vacuum Cleaner Monster!
H: What's the Vacuum Cleaner Monster?
A: You'll find out!
    The above, without the dialogue (I'm betting) is what happened yesterday evening and today. I went out to buy some pots and pans (or as it turned out, a Pyrex dish and a saucepan) and when I came back, Harry comes shooting out the door. He wouldn't come back in last night and he didn't come back in first thing in the morning either. He ate and popped right back out again. But since then he came back in and has stayed around, mostly napping. Cats do not have long memories. So the war can be said to be in abeyance. I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment