Monday, August 18, 2014

Lying unintentionally

    One of my items at Publix today wouldn't ring up. The checker asked if I knew the price. I guessed $3.99, which at that instant was an honest guess. A moment later, I remembered that it was in fact $5.49, but by then she had accepted and keyed in the first price. I said, "If I'm lying, it's unintentional," which was true enough for the instant when I made my guess.
    Still, the fact that it wasn't on the computer with a perfectly good UPC on it is not a good sign. The same item was sold out at my more usual Publix, and there weren't anymore and the space where they had been was filled with something else. So apparently, Publix has quit ordering them. The item is Udi's gluten-free soft tortillas. The next sound you hear will be revolution from the celiacs. Torches and pitchforks, baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment