Saturday, August 16, 2014

Eating words

    I have to take back some of the terrible things I said about T-Mobile and some of the good things I said about Windows Phone. I lost signal indoors in several places. I didn't lose it in many other places, but unfortunately, the ones where I lost it were some of my favorite places. One of those was Bill's Pickin' Parlor, a music store that has a bluegrass open stage Friday evenings.
    Last night, fed up with Braves losses, I went to Bill's instead of listening to the Braves game. And my phone had 4G LTE all evening! To be fair, lately the Windows Phone had been getting a little bit of signal, sporadically there. But this was a vast improvement. So there's little doubt that the problem wasn't T-Mobile's service but rather the Windows Phone's antenna. If I had known this, I would have ditched it much earlier.
    The other place where service was even worse was Congaree National Park. I'm going to try to go out there tomorrow and see if I get similar improvement. That would be awesome, because I've nearly quit going due to the service blackout. It'll be nice to return there regardless.
    (PS: The Braves won the game, too.)

No comments:

Post a Comment