Sunday, August 23, 2015

Didn't much mind being the butt of the joke...

    Paul and I were at a Goodwill. He was checking out and I was standing outside waiting for him. Three young bucks came up, and one of them did a little basketball-type fake out move in front of me, the kind of thing you do to ridicule an old guy. Being an old guy, I didn't mind per se. All that pissed me off was that I couldn't think of anything funny to say to turn it back on him. You don't expect people to be assholes for no reason in public situations in broad daylight no matter how young they might be. "You kids get off my lawn!" wouldn't have been very funny, but it would have fit. "Great. You can fake out a 53-year-old" probably would have been much better. Of course, I'd just as well not have to come up against any similar situations. Anyway, I get points for not trying to punch his lights out.

No comments:

Post a Comment