Saturday, August 22, 2015

"I don't think it's gluten-free anyway."

    Aldi has a new thing. The staff have little walkie-talkies, or maybe dedicated cell phones, so the ones at the cash register can talk to the ones in back without shouting. Today the checker who wasn't ringing me up needed a question answered and so asked the one who was ringing me up and he asked on his walkie-talkie. (Either she doesn't rate or he won the walkie-talkie coin flip today.) He asked it and started ringing me up and put the walkie-talkie in the cart for me to put in my bag instead of my groceries. We were both tickled and he corrected himself before I made any move to take it or not. When I had paid and packed up he apologized for the mistake. Since most of my items were gluten-free, I just said, "I don't think it's gluten-free anyway." Was funny at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment