Monday, August 31, 2015

"What was funny?"

    Paul and I were at the Goodwill on St. Andrews Road, but I was wandering about by myself. We noticed on the drive over some unbelievably threatening looking clouds and shortly after we got in the car, they let loose like crazy. This sometimes can lead to a good deal of crazy in otherwise somewhat stable people. Anyway, that's my excuse.
    I was looking at the artworks when I saw a whiteboard with the words "Safety tip" at the top and a cartoon of a gopher in a toolbelt to the right. I just fell over. A couple of ladies nearby each asked me what was so funny. To tell the truth, I just think it's inherently funny. Heck, the gopher in a toolbelt is inherently funny. I did tell them what I was thinking, which was that I wanted to get a Sharpie and write, "NEVER give a toolbelt to a gopher!" (i.e., as a safety tip). I don't think they believed me; I bet they still want to hear what the REALLY funny thing I was thinking was!
    I later learned that the gopher is a member of the Wonder Pets, apparently big with the preschool set. I am assured that I can hate someone forever just by following his suggestion that I look up and listen to the Wonder Pet theme, but I couldn't handle that much responsibility. Maybe a Wikipedia hunt is in order, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment