Sunday, August 16, 2015

What Fresh Hell Is This? Department

    So as mentioned, I finally sent the paperwork to Fidelity so that I can take over as plan administrator of Dad's Keogh, distribute it to five new funds for us five siblings, and then get the money. This required four gigantic forms to be filled out, practically none of which was self-evident. Actually, it was three with one done twice, once for the required distribution, once for the balance. This was pretty insane, but what's really insane is that the sibs then have to fill out exactly the same forms. So being fairly nice, I made copies of mine as guidelines (I hope!) and sent them along, together with the name and extension number of the very nice lady at Fidelity who finally explained how to do all this.
    If this were for some vast sum of money, I'd be a lot more understanding. Mind you, 8 months or so worth of rent is not an inconsiderable amount of money, but nor is it Learjet territory. I really think that the copy of the letters testamentary (or equivalent), proof that somebody like a banker had seen my ID and a nice short letter stating my intentions should have been sufficient. When it's time to invest, I'll remember it-- and Fidelity will be about the last company I trust any money with.

No comments:

Post a Comment