Saturday, August 1, 2015

Not the greatest tragedy

    The camera on the quadricopter plugs into the body; the plug is connected to the camera, not surprisingly, by little wires, three in number. The other day I took way more pictures than ended up on the camera's card, but I just thought I had screwed up hitting the camera button on the remote. Today, though, I didn't get any pictures. I plugged up and synced up the drone again and took a bunch of pictures of Amelia. Nothing. I did it too more times before finally noticing that the yellow wire had come out of the plug. Sad, sad, sad.
    Then again, I know somebody with a soldering iron and a willingness to use it, so this isn't necessarily a permanent situation. In the mean time, I've taken the camera off, which makes the drone lighter and lets it fly better. And I no longer have to worry about which way it's pointed or otherwise worry about getting pictures, which after all seldom came out. Sometimes those grapes really are sour.
    Meanwhile, other drone has fallen out of its tree but is still atop a 30+ foot tall warehouse. I've put out a call for master anglers, but am less optimistic. Still, a good gullywasher might bring it the rest of the way down. It could happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment