Friday, August 28, 2015

Post quick!

    Ow! This morning, I was perusing Facebook, minding my own business, when Firefox announced that a new update was ready and downloaded and did I want to install it? Innocently, I chose yes, and have been away the rest of the morning. Instead of restarting like it usually does, Firefox just vanished. It was gone from the computer. I tried a System Restore, then two more but it stayed gone. The last one though was so far back that Avast wanted to be updated and wanted the computer restarted first. With that, I at least had my Firefox shortcuts back... but they still didn't work.
    This not being my first rodeo, I searched the computer very thoroughly and found a Firefox download from two years (and 16 versions) ago. Then I downloaded the update and disabled Avast to be on the safe side. This time worked. So I'm back again. Miss me?
    Side item (NOW): to complain to Mozilla, I had to set up a Help account at their website. To post my question, I had to give them my email and then confirm it. To do that, I needed Firefox. Hey, didn't that work great? So lucky I could figure a solution for myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment