Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Now that's bizarre

    I've been using this computer for a couple of years now, maybe three. It didn't ship with sophisticated word processing software and I haven't bought any, so I've been making due with Notepad and Wordpad. (The shame, the shame.) They have worked out adequately. Anyway, none of my dad's money managers have written back to say, "We're sorry, we would like to comply with your wishes, but since your letter was written on Notepad, we just can't." Yet.
    Windows maintains a most recently opened file list, and has done a stellar job of doing so for these two or three years. Generally, they are this here file where I compose this here blog (otherwise I can't put in tabs) and a similar one that I use for composing emails to Drinking Liberally members. The latter has disappeared from the Recently Opened list even though I used it Monday. Yes yes yes yes I know I'm plumbing new depths on the Who Cares? Meter. I didn't say it was important; I said it was odd. It is odd. I suspect it has to do with my recent switch to Avast! antivirus. Frankly I may be leaving them just as fast. My power is as of this moment blinking out with fair frequency, so I'm getting hell off this computer, doubly fast since I think I heard a transformer blow.

No comments:

Post a Comment