Thursday, August 16, 2012

Collar stays

    Another entry in the already voluminous "Boy I'm an idiot" file (now housed in the Grand Canyon, as the Pentagon proved to small): About a year ago I bought three very nice shirts from Kohl's, each with collar stays, since they didn't have anything all-cotton and button-down in my size. I like the shirts, but hate the stays. In all this year of laundering the damned things roughly weekly, I never noticed that one of the shirts has smaller stays (and presumably smaller collars) than the other two. I finally noticed yesterday and with today's laundry found the culprit. I also found as if on schedule that the collars are fraying, so it's time to send them off to the thrift store and get some new shirts. Button-down or bust, this time.
    Dad and Margaret continue feeling better. After his haircut yesterday, they went out to their favorite seafood fast food joint. So again yay!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah I hate it when I forget to take out my collar stays, when doing laundry... those things can mess up the washer!
    -Jon

    ReplyDelete