Saturday, August 4, 2012

Yes I remember

    The rage on Facebook lately is nostalgia. Assorted radio stations and other outfits post pictures of old-timey items, and everybody. you. know. hits Like on each and every one of them. For the record, I remember 8-tracks, dimmer switches on the floorboard, Captain Kangaroo, Hazel, Silly Putty, the Little Rascals, mucilage, Mercurochrome, GAF View-master, S&H Green Stamps and on and on and on.
    I also remember stagflation, oil embargoes, wage and price controls, assassinations, and most pointedly, the Nostalgia Craze. My good old days were mostly taken up with people reminiscing about their good old days, and I didn't enjoy it that much the first time. We don't need another nostalgia craze. If you can't find things that you enjoy in the present time, look harder. If you think the good old days were unmixedly good, remember harder.

No comments:

Post a Comment