Monday, August 6, 2012

Trifles

    It took me all these 40 years to figure out that "Mother and Child Reunion by Paul Simon is supposed to be a reggae song. Of course, this may reflect that he didn't do all that sharp a job making a reggae song, or that I'm an idiot. Bets are as usual on the latter.
    Last Monday, Greg at Palmetto Seafood (where I buy shrimp for shrimp boil practically every Monday) asked if it was hot enough for me. And you know, I had just been reflecting on that, because it was unbelievably hot and humid that day. So for the first time in my life, I just went ahead and answered yes. The universe has yet to crumble as far as I can tell, though I guess that since it's a largish universe it might take a while.
    Last night, my dreaming went on a rare and brief junket outside. I had for hours been in one of those gigantic buildings that I always dream about and when I went outside I found that I had parked in a towaway zone and my car had been towed away. Presumably I just shrugged and went back in because that's all I dreamed about that and the rest of the dream was also in the gigantic building or another one. This one was strange because part of it was realistic and part of it was a video game. It was a very non-violent video game at least. I had a lot of allies helping me search the building, and I got to see what areas they had searched. Strangely, it would be the kind of video game I would enjoy, but I doubt anyone else much would.
    What?! I TOLD you they were trifles!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment