Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Drafty

    I'm the host for Columbia Drinking Liberally (now Cayce Drinking Liberally). As such, I write the weekly email, in which I am as silly as a person can be and also sometimes, sheerly by accident, somewhat informative. I send it out Monday afternoon for the Tuesday evening meeting, but I draft it anywhere between Friday and Sunday. And the weird thing is that every time, when I complete the draft, it's already sent in my mind. I always feel like everybody knows what I said, even though nobody but me has read it yet.
    Apparently, my brain thinks that once the words are set to paper or to software, they have been delivered, dammit. I'm not sure how this would apply to fiction. I think I just think of myself as my only audience in that case, so I don't have this problem. But who knows? I'll just have to write me some fiction and find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment