Thursday, August 2, 2012

The cucumber matter reconsidered ad nauseam (unfortunately, literally)

    Ooh! Ow! The English cucumber REALLY didn't work out. I guess they can fairly call it burpless, since I burped barely at all. But I had a really sour stomach (or digestive region) yesterday, and I'm looking to have one again today. It seems like being seedless doesn't help all that much. The seedy section is bitter and unpleasant whether there are seeds there or not.
    Of course, I can cut the center out, just like I did with the seeds of regular cucumbers. It's a pain in the butt, but at least with a seedless cucumber I won't be able to let some seeds slip in accidentally. Also one English cucumber is probably cheaper than four small or two large regular cucumbers. So maybe I'll stick with them anyway. At least they don't seem to rot. So far. ('Tis a bit burpy, though.)

No comments:

Post a Comment