Sunday, August 26, 2012

Must be the radio

    OK, my brilliant stratagem of sleeping better by playing the radio at a level that is audible but not comprehensible fell through due to actually sort of wanting to hear the show. I was listening to the Art Bell rerun last night (which, in the usual Bain/Premiere Networks very, very poor taste was, on the night of Neil Armstrong's death, an interview with an idiot from Britain doubting the moon landings) and so the subsequent current day Coast to Coast was audible to sleeping me.
    Or must have been, because even I don't usually get the POLITICALLY crazy dreams. In this one, all our oil is running out in 2014. EXCEPT new vast reserves have been found in Somalia. So once we get all the Somalis out, we'll have oil for another ten years. Now I'll grant that I have some pretty crazy dreams, but that sounds more like a caller on Coast to Coast AM. (Also, in the dream it sounded like someone talking rather than anything I was coming up with.) I got up and without waiting to see if they were really talking about oil in Somalia switched off the radio and went back to sleep.
    Subsequent dreams were more tolerably odd. I seemed to be running a drive-in movie and was friendly with a guy who ran a hardware distributorship. (What's a hardware distributorship? Dunno; I'll have to go back to sleep and then maybe I can find out and explain it.) I was trying to figure out promotional tie-ins between drive-in movies and hardware. This is probably how I would handle such a situation in real life, actually. Even in my sleep, it seemed pretty funny, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment