Thursday, August 30, 2012

Rice cakes

    The Jack Sprat situation has improved by adding rice cakes to nearly every meal. This makes no sense, as rice cakes are practically nothing but air, but I'm not complaining. I guess it takes my digestive system just long enough to figure out that hey, there's no food here such that my bowels or liver or bile ducts or whatever the hell otherwise gets irritated to chill out instead.
    Still, I plan to scale back my fat intake a bit, and I may still go vegetarian. I'll probably stop eating my (unusually healthy, but still) sweet Italian style chicken sausage. (Al Fresco brand, available at Publix. Really excellent, assuming you aren't having trouble with fat intake, which isn't to say that it's particularly fatty. Just easier to cut out than EV olive oil.)
    But the takeaway is that I'm feeling a lot better, if maybe a trifle grumpy. A LOT of people seem to feel that way when they add rice cakes to their diet. All that air I guess; normal brown rice tends to make me happy. Another one for the GoFigureAThon.
    Dreams last night suggested that I might be feeling a little frustrated. I absolutely had to get to NYC immediately, but I kept forgetting to call the airlines to see if I could get a flight. It was for a week-long conference. I know what you're thinking: I didn't know that elderly derelicts HAD week-long conferences in New York City. Well there you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment