Tuesday, August 28, 2012

That guy

    OK, I'm going to stop starting these with "OK." (Dagnabbit!) Today, I was That Guy. I was entering an intersection, perfectly legal, the light was green and I wasn't shooting off any firearms (much) or anything, when a car on the street I was merging into ran the red light and barreled right through where, but for a second or two, my car would have been. And I pulled up behind him or her and just stuck my horn. I didn't like being That Guy, but I didn't like being almost killed either.
    I hope (not very optimistically, I'll grant) that it will make the moron in question think a little more the next time the situation comes up. Or maybe get that red-green color blindness checked out, or possibly that up-down direction blindness. (Even if you're colorblind, you can tell the red light's on top and the green one is on the bottom.) Once we had merged onto still another street, the moron in question slowed to a crawl and stayed that way even after I had gone around and driven away. She or he may have thought I was some kind of dangerous psychopath but the worst he or she got out of it was the mouthing of "moron" as I went by. Maybe it was just a fabulously interesting cell phone conversation. I didn't see a cell phone, but neither was I looking that close. I mostly pay attention to the road. That's where I stay This Guy.

2 comments:

  1. The driving slowly even after being passed indicates either remorse over lunatic behavior or total fear of That Guy!! Rose colored glasses favor the former, but testosterone slams it's fist down hard for the latter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dunno. The cell phone possibility is still out there, though.

      Delete