Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Amusing, I hope

    Last night I dreamed that I visited an eight-story-high McDonald's. One amusing aspect of this was that I plotted the visit like a mountaineering trek. Another is that I brought my cat. Another was that a number of celebrities were visiting the McDonald's, too, though the only one I recognized was Keith Olbermann. I suspect that the rest were fictitious. ("Imaginary" would make more sense if this were reality, but in discussing a dream that word's redundant, isn't it?) All the celebrities were entering two-by-two, and I also had a companion (besides my cat), who was also imaginary or fictitious, I think.
    I lost Amelia the cat on the second floor and was upset and bereft, but found her again on the sixth floor. Somehow she had grown to be eight feet long by then (a clever subconscious commentary on bovine growth hormone? I don't know) but still fit in my arms some other how. The greater part of the building was taken up with bathrooms in every language on Earth, though there were french fry stands on most floors. As a mountain-climbing exercise, it was mostly a washout, however.
    I thought what was neat about the dream was that I lost something important and got it back even bigger. I'm not sure I've ever had a dream where I lost something and got it back, though longtime readers of this blog may correct me. Anyway, it's pretty rare, and I woke up considerably more cheerful than when I went to sleep. Of course, it helped that my back quit hurting. There's something I'd like to lose and not get back!

No comments:

Post a Comment