Friday, April 12, 2013

Mystery solved

    Oh all right, the Skullcandy earbuds on-off switch (mentioned last week or so) does not in fact control space/time. Much. It turns out that my memory is for poop and I do not have a mini iPod, but an iPod Nano. This is important because for reasons I can't fathom, the radio on an iPod Nano does in fact have a feature that pauses live radio. Because I use the radio mostly to listen to sports, it's hard to imagine when this feature would be useful to me. But I guess if you listen to NPR and there's a Robert Earl Keen show on Mountain Stage (as there was the other week, though I missed it) it would probably be very helpful.
    The real question is why do the Skullcandy earbuds activate the Pause Live Radio feature instead of just cutting the power off and then back on like I would prefer. If I were a reader of manuals, I could no doubt figure it all out. Or so I like to think. However, it's easier just to use the normal on/off switch and not worry about it. After all, who knows what could happen if I keep messing around with space and time? More bigger better bacon commercials, for one thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment