Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Goats

    I kept hearing this sound like a goat bleating wherever I went in my apartment. I thought it was pretty weird. Mind you, this is a neighborhood that frequently hosts chickens including very, very chatty roosters, so I can't say anything would surprise me. So when I looked out the window and saw two kid goats and a puppy in a neighboring yard, my reaction was less surprise than along the lines of, "Ah! THAT would explain it!"
    The goats are almost as cute as the puppy, a grey pit bull. My friend Gypsye was around to sample my latest culinary adventure (almond butter fudge; recommended) so we went out to introduce ourselves. The goats were shy, but the puppy was not. Eventually the neighbor came over to talk with us. To the question whether they were going to be dairy goats, he said no, that they were getting rid of them in about a week. This sounds more than a little ominous, but of course, he may have thought that I harbored anti-goat tendencies and was just trying to head off getting reported to the authorities. Anyway, at least he didn't make any finger-across-throat gestures, so I guess we can take it to mean that they're just fostering the goats and that they will go on to good home. Anyway, so I hope. Awful cute goats; awful cute puppy.

No comments:

Post a Comment