Monday, April 1, 2013

Mustang turn signal

    Well, it was going to be a writing exercise, but I widgied out and googled. The thrust of the post was going to be that Mustang turn signals were really cool when I was little, and now they are again. The writing exercise would have been (and might still be) describing what was cool about them. What it's called is sequential turn signals and why it might still be a writing exercise is that I'm not sure how helpful this name is. I'll give it a try.
    Most years that they have been made, Mustangs have had three rear turn signal lights on each side. When the driver makes a turn signal, the lights light up sequentially from the inside to the outside (in other words, apparently moving in the direction of the turn). Mustangs are only slightly younger than I am, so from earliest memory they were the coolest thing on the road. Also my coolest uncle had one that I got to play in. So the turn signals would have impinged on my little mind from a very early age. I'm not sure if the sequential aspect has been there all along and I just didn't notice it or if it went away for years or perhaps decades. I'm betting on the latter. If so, it's cool to see it back again. If not, it's cool to notice it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment