Friday, April 19, 2013

How will you be paying this?

    Sure hope the authorities catch the remaining Marathon bomber soon so Boston can return to normal life, or as near as possible.
    Now for the silly anecdote portion of the program. Yesterday, I was unaccountably very sleepy and mostly brain-dead. On two consecutive errands, I drove right past my turn, which happens very rarely. The second errand involved paying my light bill at a drive-through. I sent the bill up the pneumatic tube and was waiting for my receipt when I hear, "How will you be paying this?" I didn't realize the voice was talking to me, since clearly I had just sent her a check. She said, "You just sent a bookmark." I laughed a lot and asked for my bookmark back, got it and sent my check in return. All ended well and I was very tickled. I thought it would have been simpler just to say, "Excuse me sir, but this is a bookmark instead of a check" since it couldn't be more obvious it was a mistake. But it was funnier the other way, so who am I to complain?

No comments:

Post a Comment