Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Name that tune

    The oldies station play "Stuck in the Middle with You" by Stealer's Wheel pretty frequently. Somehow, I recognize it from the first notes of the acoustic guitar intro every time. This strikes me as odd. After all, back in the '70s, DJs talked all over the intros to all the songs. Thus, I never would have heard the acoustic guitar. Fond as I am of the song, I never bought the record or downloaded the song. (I did download "Star," which I like a lot better.) So I can't figure it out, especially as it isn't a conspicuously unique guitar sound. I guess my subconscious has a better feel for what's on the playlists of oldies stations at any given minute than I give it credit for. I guess it wouldn't help on "Name That Tune" anyway; if my memory isn't fibbing to me again, you had to recognize the notes as played on a piano. Strike one more get-rich-quick plan from the list!

No comments:

Post a Comment