Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Certified pre-owned

    I got nothing. Really and sincerely. Well I've got one thing, which is that my major depression appears to be at last lifting. Granted, the assorted impossible situations I find myself in aren't any the more tractable, but I can sort of see light at the end of the tunnel. Or it looks like light. And it doesn't sound like a train. So that's good, right?
    On the old computer, I had a planned topic forever atop my Notepad blog-writing file as seen in the post title above. There was just this incredible run of snooty certified pre-owned ads on the radio, presumably because it was getting towards the end of the year, and it got up my nose something terrible. However, most of them evaporated and so I never got around to saying anything about it. Also, there isn't much you can say except that the previous euphemism, "previously owned," actually made sense, whereas "pre-owned" suggests that you're marketing to morons, thus the snootiness is probably not going to be effective. Unless of course the thinking is that the proles are so stupid that they'll do whatever a snooty-voiced person tells them to do. Worked so well for Mitt Romney after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment